Lately little Miss Macy has been such a little troublemaker. From sneaking food, or drawing on her bed to hiding condiments in her room. I am super excited to share with you this amazing Withings Home HD Security Camera. I enjoy that its aesthetically pleasing and is compact so I can place it on any shelf around the house. Whenever Macy goes and plays by herself in her room I use it as a great way to keep an eye on her. Continue reading
Mudcloth pillows are super trendy this year (hello LoomGoods & Maewoven!) but I could not justify the price. So I have created an easy DIY that look just the same and the designs are endless. The Ikea Gurli pillowcases are only $4 and you can use an old pillow as an insert or the FJÄDRAR inner cushion which is $7. Check out my DIY below and feel free to pin and share!
Being a mom and learning about all the toxic and chemical ridden baby products and food always worries me. So I try my best to be conscious and buy organic when I can! One thing I had never thought of was Macy’s bedding…we have a certified green mattress but after some research I found out some bedding is made with toxins and chemicals in them. I was so happy to hear about Green Buds Baby. Continue reading
Today I am sharing this cute print I designed for Macy’s room! I love everything floral- it’s addicting. Please tag me if you post any pictures of this print. Continue reading
This yummy smelling potpourri is great for anytime in the winter and instantly makes your home feel cozier! You can simmer the potpourri for up to 4 hrs- just make sure you keep adding water.The great thing about this stovetop potpourri is really you can use whatever you have on hand, the smell combinations are endless. As a great and healthier alternative to burning a candle make this next time you have guests over and people will be wondering right away what that fantastic smell is!
One of my favorite things to search on Pinterest is for popular home store hacks. Can’t afford that Pottery Barn cushion? I bet you there is a diy for it on the internet. This plant pot is super easy and adds a dose of ever-trending copper to your home. After a quick trip to Micheal’s I had my supplies which only cost me 6$. Super cheap! There is tons of different designs you can do using your washi tape as a stencil maker. Feel free to share your designs!
What you need:
- foam paint brush
- copper acrylic paint ( I used Martha Stewart, my fav craft paint)
- white acrylic paint
- terra cotta plant pot
- washi tape
- Paint two coats or more of white paint on your pot and let dry in between each coat. Make sure you see no orange pot through the paint!
2. Take your washi tape and create your stencil designs, I just did simple triangles around the base of the pot. Make sure to press the tape down firmly or else paint will seep under ruining your design.
3. Paint two coats of the copper paint inside your stencils, letting the coats dry in between each one.
4. Once the gold paint is completely dry slowly peel off your washi tape. Voila! You have perfect, mistake-free designs on your pot.