This cake is super delish and puts those peaches to good use! Here is an easy recipe I love. Cake is healthy if it has fruit in it right?
What you need:
1 1/2 cups salted butter, room temp.
2 1/4 cups sugar
4 egg whites
3 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 3/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
Fruit: 2 ripe peaches and 3/4 cup blueberries.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease cake pan with butter.
2. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl on medium speed about 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg whites and vanilla and beat on medium speed for about 1 minute.
4. Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder in a medium sized bowl.
5. Add about one-third of the flour mixture to the batter and beat on medium speed until thoroughly mixed.
6. Add about half of the milk and beat on medium speed until mixed.
7. Continue alternating adding dry and wet ingredients, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, and beating until mixed after each addition. There should be three total additions of dry ingredients and two total additions of milk. End with the dry ingredients. This way is annoying but its a great trick I learned to a moist and fluffy cake.
8. Mix in your blueberries and then pour the mix into the cake pan about 3/4 full. Add sliced peaches on top.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. You want the tops to be quite brown don’t worry they aren’t burning!
10. Remove cake from oven and allow to cool for 3-5 minutes. Remove from pan and sift icing sugar over top. Enjoy with whipped cream if you wish that’s what Devin did!