This scrumptious loaf is super delicious warm out of the oven and smeared with lots of butter! You can also use this recipe to make muffins. Today I am sharing an easy recipe for banana loaf thats chockful of chocolate chips and topped with walnuts. It is great for breakfast on the go- only half the loaf is left in our house!
What You Need:
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of sour cream or greek yogurt (I used yogurt)
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- crushed walnuts for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper (nothing worse than bread stuck to a pan), set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, and sugars. Add the eggs one at a time and the vanilla- whisk until smooth.
- Sprinkle the flour, baking soda and salt over the butter mixture and stir to mix until combined. Then mix in the bananas and yogurt.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Garnish with walnuts.Cool until warm before serving.