This is a super yummy breakfast, my favourite muffin in pancake form! Topped with fresh berries, greek yogurt and maple syrup of course.
What you need:
- 1 ⅓ cups Greek yogurt, more for serving
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, more for frying
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ½ tablespoons poppy seeds
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- Berries for serving
- In a bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, eggs, butter and honey. In a separate larger bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the dry ingredients and fold in the wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in the poppy seeds and lemon zest.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add a pat of butter to the skillet and swirl to coat. Working in batches, drop 1/4 cup batter into the pan. Cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes, 2 to 3 minutes; flip and continue cooking until golden and firm, 1 to 2 minutes more. To serve, slather each pancake with a dollop of yogurt and berries.