Growing up I have always hated tomatoes, but finally my tastebuds are maturing. This tasty bruschetta recipe is super easy and great for bringing to a party or as a snack at home. You can purchase balsamic glaze premade or make it yourself- I have included a glaze recipe too!
What you need:
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado (diced)
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- Chopped fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place baguette slices onto parchment paper. Brush with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place into oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- To make the balsamic glaze, add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a slight boil and reduce by half, about 6-8 minutes. Let cool for a couple minutes.
- Combine tomatoes, avocado, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Top each baguette slice with tomato mixture, garnished with basil.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with balsamic glaze.