Strawberry shortcake is up there in the ranks of my top favourite cakes. This is a fun twist on shortcake and sure if you want to grill it like a traditional kabob go for it( I googled it,it’s possible).Also sooo yummy to squirt some whipped cream on top of the kabob as your eating away. If you want to be lazy feel free to use a cake mix box,but I have included a delicious shortcake recipe.
What you need:
- Fresh and washed strawberries.
- Square pan of the baked shortcake (VERY easy recipe below).
- White chocolate chips ( I am not a huge fan of icing so I melted chips and some milk to make a light glaze, feel free to drench with your own icing recipe though!).
Recipe for Shortcake:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons sugar
3⁄4 teaspoon salt
1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Add heavy cream and mix until just combined. Place mixture in an ungreased 8-inch square pan and bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
Assembling the kabobs:
- Flip the cake once it is cool and cut little squares from the cake.
2. Assemble on the skewer rotating between strawberry and cake pieces.
3. Melt your chocolate in the microwave or make your icing (great recipe here) and drizzle over your skewers.
Now they are ready to eat, ours disappeared fast!