Whipping up a smoothie bowl is quick, easy and very tasty. What is a smoothie bowl? Its a nutritious and satisfying alternative to cereal made of smoothie and healthy toppings of fruits,grains and superfoods such as cinnamon. It is great for breakfast and gives you the boost of energy you need to kickstart your morning.
What you need:
- 1 cup of mixed berries ( strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.)
- 1/2 cup of orange juice ( I love Happy Planet Organic OJ)
- 1/4 cup of low fat plain yogurt ( or Greek for added protein)
- 1 Tsp of honey
- 1/4 cup of greens ( spinach, kale etc.)
- Ice for a cold smooothie
- Optional: scoop of protein powder
Toppings: Be creative! I used kiwi, peach, oats, blueberries and chia seed. Some other great toppings are: shredded coconut, strawberries, cinnamon, hemp hearts, papaya, mango, or raspberries.
- Throw all ingredients into the blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl and place your favorite toppings on top.
Enjoy your scrumptious breakfast!
the yummiest juice to add to your breakfast is The Juice Truck, they have amazing several day cleanses you can order too! Check them out online or at their truck location in Gastown.