One thing I really dislike is having to make a lunch that takes work and lots of chopping. I like quick and easy, especially with an attention demanding baby! These salad jars are super easy to prepare for the week on a Sunday night and takes only 20 minutes to make 5 jars! The veggies, dressings and seeds are all arranged in layers that keep it from getting soggy and gross.Non absorbent veggies and dressing go on the bottom and next lighter veggies, seeds and then greens. Also mason jars keep veggies fresh for up to 5 days.
What you need:
- jars with lids
- 1-4 tablespoons of dressing
- Veggies, seeds, nuts etc (whatever your heart desires just leave fruit and cheese out til day of)
- Salad Greens
- Pour your salad dressing into jars first.
- Add hard chopped vegetables. (peppers, carrots, cucumbers, beets)
- Add any beans, grains and pasta.
- If you plan on eating your jar that day add cheese and proteins. (tuna, chicken, eggs, tofu)
- Also add soft veggies and fruits if you are eating your jar that day. ( avocado, strawberries, tomatoes)
- Add nuts, seeds and grains.
- And finally fill the rest of your jar with salad greens.
- Screw on the lid and refrigerate!
Enjoy! When you are ready to eat empty your jar into a bowl and toss. Let me know what creative salads and homemade recipes you made!